Equilibrium | Senior Chemistry | meriSTEM

meriSTEM

About This Course

Equilibrium, part of Unit 3 Senior Chemistry, as introduced by expert contributors and coordinated by your teacher.

This is a new course launched in July 2021, so please share your feedback and suggestions for further content.

Course sub-topics

• Introduction to equilibrium
  • Describing equilibrium in chemical reactions
  • Equilibrium expression
  • ICE tables
  • Solubility product
  • Equilibrium in solutions (NSW)
  • Reaction quotient
  • Changes to equilibria (NSW, VIC)
  • Le Chatelier's principle
  • Equilibrium and kinetics

Information for teachers

View how the content of meriSTEM courses align with the Australian Curriculum and syllabuses in all Australian states on our website.

To access downloadable detailed teacher outlines and hundreds of lesson resources, you can join our meriSTEM Teacher Community.

Course Staff

Kathryn White

Dr Kathryn White

Kathryn White is a secondary school teacher in Canberra. She received a PhD in physical chemistry from the University of Sydney (2006) and worked in soft matter physics research at the University of Edinburgh (2006-2009). She has taught at Merici College since 2010, and additionally teaches the ANU Extension course in Chemistry. She holds a Highly Accomplished certification from the Teaching Quality Institute ACT and is the Program Director for the Junior Science Olympiad. She has been working on flipping her courses since 2013.

Col Harrison

Dr Col Harrison

I create videos using an experimental flipped classroom approach which incorporates Peer Instruction to contribute to a new format I call the WRX (Watch, Read, eXplain). I teach Science in NSW high schools. My flipped videos are accessible on my YouTube channel.

meriSTEM resources are Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 licensed.

Enroll